Blackmill leadership hub
At Blackmill, we are about creating a positive environment for teams and organisations to grow and flourish. This leadership hub is designed to bring like-minded people together to support one another.
Who is it for?
This program is for inclusive tech managers in leadership roles who want to focus on growing themselves, their people, and their organisational culture.
Why you should be a part of this support community?
The benefits of attending this program and being a part of this community include:
- Building a strong network of people to learn, improve, and grow together.
- Talking about challenges with those who have been in similar situations.
- Open discussions and brainstorming sessions to come up with practical problem solving approaches.
- Small and intimate environment to allow everyone the opportunity to listen and to be heard.
- Conversation channels to keep the discussion going in between sessions.
Cost and structure
A monthly membership subscription of $600 AUD includes:
- Live weekly 75 minute sessions
- Receive session key takeaways
- Access to an online community for continued support
- Code of Conduct
The weekly sessions will be a combination of a short presentation to set the stage, smaller group breakout discussions, and full group discussions.
For every friend you refer that joins our Leadership Hub, a month's free subscription will be applied to your membership. Just make sure that they mention your name in their application.
Example of session topics
Session topics will be driven by the needs of the members but conversations will likely include:
Grow your leadership
- Leadership styles
- Psychology of leadership
- Strategies for leading people and teams
- Define inclusion and diversity on the workplace
- Understand inclusive leadership and why it is business critical
- Identify key points related to the concept of privilege
- Identify inclusive communication behaviours that facilitate inclusive leadership
- Foster an inclusive work culture
- Recognise ways in which unconscious bias affects decision-making
- What is a healthy culture?
- Brand vs culture
- Five dysfunctions of a team
- Create async work practices
- Build empathy and psychological safety
- Practice self-care
- What does the path to career growth look like for Individual Contributors not interested in management roles?
- How do you define a meaningful career path for senior Individual Contributors, without pushing everyone into management?
Our guiding values
- Privacy and trust: by default, everything is off the record. There will be deep and honest discussions within these sessions so please respect other’s confidentiality as they will with you.
- Transparency and open communication: is essential in achieving productivity, maintaining strong connections, and giving everyone a voice.
- Sharing knowledge: the spirit of learning thrives from sharing your time, knowledge, and support. When everyone shares, we all benefit.
Our operating principles
- Psychological safety: this leadership community operates free from judgment, and allows mistakes to occur. We see mishaps as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Collaboration: two heads are always better than one. We come together to learn from each other so be open to working towards a common goal.
- Continuously improving: there is always room for improvements so be willing to consider other’s perspectives. We learn from past experience and move forward with confidence.
- Curiousity: asking questions provides learning opportunities for everyone.
Thank you for your interest! To be clear, this is not a purchase form. If you are accepted into a cohort, subscription information will be sent to you separately.