Inclusive and resilient leadership for diverse teams
The most successful products are built by engaged, creative, and diverse teams that are able to integrate a diverse set of voices throughout the development process. We believe that empathy is a driver of meaningful connection, and the key component in creating inclusive, open, and collaborative cultures.
By addressing the human side of software development, teams work more effectively and collaboratively together. Due to Covid-19, companies everywhere had to move their entire operations remote, and learn how to work virtually and asynchronously. This transformation added disruptions and challenges in many teams and workplaces. This is the time to take care of ourselves and the people we work with.
This workshop is designed to help organisations promote personal development, inclusion, and emotional intelligence, and reduce unconscious biases and the underlying patterns of behaviours that work against uniting the team to become more performant. It teaches strategies to address issues that prohibit team productivity, and enables you to foster a diverse and inclusive company culture. Moreover, it prepares you for a post-pandemic future, where people feel burnout from ongoing lockdowns, work is mostly done remotely, where trust, autonomy, and communication are more important than ever, and where working smarter (not longer) should become the new norm.
The workshop will have less than ten people so we can really explore the material. Through a series of presentations, group discussions, and scenario-based sessions, you will work with others, share experiences, and learn together.
Like all our events, this workshop is covered by our code of conduct and joining us assumes your agreement to be bound by the code.
Getting to know you
Before the workshop, we will schedule 30 minutes to learn more about you, your organisation, and your team. We will also add you to a Slack to get to know the other attendees, and for us to announce any updates or answer any of your questions.
- Identify the benefits of workplace diversity and inclusion
- Define what diversity means, and the characteristics of an inclusive work culture
- Inspirational and empowring leadership styles
- Emotional intelligence, empathy, and psychological safety
- Fostering an inclusive work culture
- Practciing self-care, individual resilience, and anxiety reduction tips
- Navigating difficult conversations
- Tough communications plans
- Understanding stereotypes and unconscious biases
- Creating async work practices
- Leading in an unpredictable virtual world
We will schedule a group check-in with you 4–6 weeks later to see how you have been, and answer any questions or concerns you may have after practicing these new skills for a little while.
- 9.30–11.30am, August 10–13 GMT+10
- A 30-minute individual chat
- A two-hour session over four days
- A follow up Q&A group chat
Early Bird: $1,200 AUD plus GST
Regular: $1,600 AUD plus GST
- Opening soon. In the meantime, you can register your interest below.
Join us, because thoughtful engineering practices lead to quality, stability, and effectiveness.