Community of Practice for Engineering Leaders
Focusing on real everyday problems
Engineering leaders are faced with challenges every day. Problems vary depending on organisational structure, systems, processes, leadership styles, and culture. Unique and unexpected issues can occur or roadblocks may creep up that you do not have answers for. Team members may not get along or productivity levels have declined from the previous year. Navigating through these problems can become overwhelming when you don't have the right support. Even if you do, your manager may not fully understand the finer details or help you with the day to day challenges.
A community of practice (CoP) is a group of people who share a common interest and collectively want to learn more and deepen their knowledge in a particular area. Through open communication and sharing of knowledge, effective learning and continuous growth can occur.
We have created this program where a community of engineering leaders can come together to share their challenges, experiences, and help each other to succeed.
Elle and Lachlan have a knack for creating a safe learning environment and helping participants of all levels get involved. I left their workshop inspired, with a few new tools under my belt and the confidence to put them in practice.
They know the web community inside-out so speakers they bring in are top notch. Would highly recommend them to any development team looking to level up.Steve Gilles , Founder at Lookahead
Why you should join our Community of Practice
- Connect with people who you might not usually collaborate with to explore new possibilities, ideas and problem solving.
- Discuss stories and share knowledge to apply best practices to grow your leadership skills.
- Engage in thoughtful dialogues amongst a cohort of like-minded peers.
- Develop a supportive group of peers that you can learn from and turn to for future challenges and opportunities.
- Become a member of our Community of Practice Alumni network after the program concludes.
- Facilitated by experienced engineering leaders, Elle Meredith and Lachlan Hardy.
Like all our events, this workshop is covered by our code of conduct and joining us assumes your agreement to be bound by the code.
As a Software Engineer stepping into the world of technical leadership for the first time, I found Lachlan and Elle's workshop to be extremely valuable. Connecting with others in the industry gave me the opportunity to learn from real world examples, and there was a healthy balance of theoretical and technical content.
I'd recommend this workshop if you want to grow your team sustainably, and set them up for long term success.Chris Nankervis
- Starting Tuesday, February 28th, 2023
- Five consecutive weeks
- 1.5 hour online session per week
- 8 participants (maximum)
Early Bird: $1,200 AUD plus GST
Regular: $1,600 AUD plus GST