Building inclusive teams (private workshop)
Unlock team performance
Diverse and inclusive teams increase financial performance, value creation, and innovation. The most successful products are built by inclusive and engaged teams that are able to integrate a diverse set of voices and ideas throughout a company. Organisations that build inclusive and diverse teams enjoy higher employee satisfaction and loyalty, and are able to attract a larger pool of talent. A culture of diversity and inclusion increases psychological safety and trust amongst leaders and teams. When people feel a sense of belonging, it drives intrinsic motivation and purpose. A safe environment allows people to bring their whole selves to work, do their best work, and feel connected. In addition, a diverse team is more empathetic and accommodating to a larger group of possible clients and their needs, as a result adding more value to their customers.
This workshop is designed to help organisations address the challenges that inhibit team productivity and performance. It will teach the leaders of your organisation how to care for themselves and their teams. They will be equipped with the tools and best practices to cultivate a healthy and inclusive culture that allow people and teams to flourish. Because when they do, so will the company they work for. A focus on inclusion is now a necessity for optimal business performance.
Blackmill's Engineering Leadership workshop was one of the best courses I've attended. While it contained general leadership and management learnings, the specific software engineering focus plus both Elle and Lachlan's industry experience was invaluable. I also found that the teachings focused around empathy clearly aligned with my own values. Highly recommended for those just starting their tech leadership journey to seasoned leaders looking to sharpen their axe.Charles Vallance , Engineering Manager Sharesies
As a Software Engineer stepping into the world of technical leadership for the first time, I found Lachlan and Elle's workshop to be extremely valuable. Connecting with others in the industry gave me the opportunity to learn from real world examples, and there was a healthy balance of theoretical and technical content.
I'd recommend this workshop if you want to grow your team sustainably, and set them up for long term success.Chris Nankervis
why your company should do this workshop
- Increased profitability. There is statistically significant relationship between a more diverse team and better financial performance.
- Larger talent pool. Organisations that embrace diversity hiring benefit from a larger talent pool, people they reach, and people they attract.
- Competitive advantage. Diverse companies are better able to win top talent, and improve their customer orientation, employee satisfaction, and decision making.
- Better performance. Diverse teams outperform homogeneous ones, especially when solving complex problems.
- Increased work satisfaction and loyalty. In inclusive teams, job satisfaction and loyalty increases as people feel truly appreciated. In a supportive environment, people are more productive, and are inclined to stay in their role longer.
- Enhanced innovative and creative thinking. The combination of different backgrounds and experiences tends to inspire fresh ideas that are accessible to more. A diverse team is more empathetic and accommodating to a larger group of possible clients and their needs.
Without a variety of voices contributing ideas, the workplace becomes a homogenized environment where potential brilliance may never be achieved. Diversity should rightly be seen as a benefit to growth, not an obstruction to avoid.
Mark S. Luckie
- Identify the benefits of workplace diversity and inclusion
- Empowering leadership styles
- Emotional intelligence, empathy, and psychological safety
- Define what diversity means for your organisation
- Foster an inclusive work culture
- Understanding stereotypes and unconscious biases
- Planning for difficult communications
- Leading in an unpredictable virtual world
- Practising self-care, individual resilience, and anxiety reduction tips
Like all our events, this workshop is covered by our code of conduct and joining us assumes your agreement to be bound by the code.Join us, because thoughtful engineering practices lead to quality, stability, and effectiveness.
Elle and Lachlan have a knack for creating a safe learning environment and helping participants of all levels get involved. I left their workshop inspired, with a few new tools under my belt and the confidence to put them in practice.
They know the web community inside-out so speakers they bring in are top notch. Would highly recommend them to any development team looking to level up.Steve Gilles , Founder at Lookahead